Apply for Aid - Edinboro University
          Contact Info

          Financial Aid Office
          Hamilton Hall
          210 Glasgow Road
          Edinboro, PA  16444

           (814) 732-3500
          Fax: (814) 732-2129

          Hours of Operation: 
          Fall/Spring: Monday – Friday, 
          9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
          Summer: Monday – Friday, 
          9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

          Apply for Aid

          Confused about where to start? These steps will walk you through the process of applying for and finalizing financial aid.

          You must follow these steps every year you are seeking financial aid, and should file your FAFSA by December 15 for the following academic year. You must also maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress in order to keep your financial aid.

          1. Apply for or locate your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID. 

          The FSA ID serves as your electronic signature for the FAFSA and will be used each year to reapply for aid, so keep it with your documents so you don’t lose it. You can apply for your FSA ID anytime.

          Prospective students: If you haven’t already done so, apply for a FSA ID on the FSA ID website.

          Current students: Locate your FSA ID used on your previous FAFSA. If you cannot locate it, you can request a user name and/or password reset on the FSA ID website.

          2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

          Edinboro University’s preferred deadline is December 15. School code is 003321. Students who meet the preferred filing deadline will receive full consideration of University scholarships and grants. The FAFSA also serves (for Pennsylvania residents) as a PHEAA grant application, so  applicants will also meet the PHEAA deadline of May 1.

          Learn more about filling out the FAFSFA

          ALERT: Please note the IRS Data Retrieval Tool is still shut down for the 2017-2018 FAFSA. Please click this link for more specific information: 

          3. Review scholarship opportunities.

          Internal and external scholarships are not offered via the FAFSA, and some require separate applications.

          4. Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) and respond to verification requests.

          Student Aid Reports are typically emailed to students so they can verify all information is correct. Be sure to check the comment section to make sure there are no requirements you need to do or are selected for verification. Respond promptly to verification requests or your financial aid will not be processed.

          5. Wait for your Edinboro University award letter.

          Once you are officially accepted to the University, our office will mail your award letter to your permanent address. 

          6. Finalize your aid.

          Once you are awarded financial aid and receive your letter, there are some requirements you must complete in order for the loans and/or grants to be disbursed to the University. Not completing the requirements outlined below may result in your loans and/or grants not coming into the University, as well as late fees and registration holds on your student account.

          1. Complete all outstanding Master Promissory Note (MPN)along with the Informed Borrowing Confirmation and Entrance Counseling requirements for any Federal Direct Stafford Loans you’ve been awarded.
          2. Accept the Terms and Conditions of your Financial aid on your SCOTS account under: Financial Aid, My Award Information, choose Aid Year, then answer all questions under the Resources tab. Then read and accept the Terms and Conditions tab. Lastly, accept/reduce/or decline loans under the Accept Award Offer tab.
          3. Accept/reduce/or decline your financial aid on the fifth tab after accepting the Financial Aid Terms and Conditions
          4. If you were selected for Verification, make sure to turn in any required information. You can view your requirements on your S.C.O.T.S. account under Financial Aid > My Eligibility > Holds > Student Requirements.
          5. If your parent wants to apply for a Federal Direct PLUS Loan he/she must do so every year. Parents must also complete the Master Promissory Note along with the Informed Borrowing Confirmation, if they are credit-approved.
          6. If you’re a grad student, you may apply for a Graduate PLUS Loan if you need additional funds.

          *Note: Work Study and Institutional Work are not applied toward the tuition bill. This is the amount students are eligible for if they obtain a job on campus. It will be sent to students in the form of a bi-weekly paycheck.

          Other Important Information

          • Notify the Financial Aid office of any financial assistance received from other sources such as Graduate Assistantships, EU Tuition Waivers, Chapter 30 Veterans benefits, etc.
          • Stay on top of all EU emails to your student account, as well as your financial aid account, and all required documents via S.C.O.T.S.
          • Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
          • Maintain a file of all documents submitted and received.
          • Track your Stafford Loans and other Title IV funds through the National Student Loan Database (NSLDS).

          Important Numbers:
          FAFSA: (800) 4FEDAID
          PHEAA: (800) 692-7392