Grants - Edinboro University
          Contact Info

          Financial Aid Office
          Hamilton Hall
          210 Glasgow Road
          Edinboro, PA  16444

           (814) 732-3500
          Fax: (814) 732-2129

          Hours of Operation: 
          Fall/Spring: Monday – Friday, 
          9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
          Summer: Monday – Friday, 
          9 a.m. to 4 p.m.


          Like scholarships, grants offer money that does not have to be repaid, but while scholarships are generally merit-based, typically grants are awarded based on financial need. 

          The first step to receiving any of the grants listed below is to complete a FAFSA.

          Federal Pell Grants

          Federal Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s or a professional degree to assist with their educational costs. Award amounts can vary from year to year, and depend on your financial need, attendance costs and other factors.

          Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)

          Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG) are generally targeted to students who demonstrate exceptional need.

          PHEAA Grants

          This program, funded by the state of Pennsylvania, is administered by the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) and provides need-based grant assistance to Pennsylvania residents. Students receive up to eight full-time semesters of PHEAA Grant assistance or 16 semesters of part-time assistance.

          TEACH Grant

          The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant provides funds for students who agree to teach four years in an elementary school, secondary school or educational service agency that serves students from low-income families. Click here to learn more about the TEACH Grant program. Click here to see the eligible TEACH Grant programs.

          Other State Grants

          Several states (including Ohio, Maryland, West Virginia, Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maine) have grants that can be transferred to schools outside the state. Interested students may obtain information concerning these programs from their high school guidance counselors or from their appropriate state higher education agency.

          Beginning with 2015-16, the only reciprocal states are Delaware, District of Columbia, Vermont, Massachusetts, Ohio, Rhode Island and West Virginia.