Residence Life & Housing - Edinboro University
          Contact Info

          Office of Residence Life & Housing
          Pogue Student Center, Room 215
          405 Scotland Road
          Edinboro, PA 16444
          Phone: (814) 732-2818
          Fax: (814) 732-2314

          Follow Residence Life & Housing

          Twitter Icon Facebook IconYouTube Icon

          Residence Life & Housing

          The Highlands residence halls

          Edinboro provides multiple housing options, which allow you to make a suitable choice as you move onto campus. We offer one traditional residence hall and suite style living in The Highlands. The Office of Residence Life Housing manages Towers and the Highlands, and has knowledgeable, well-trained staff who are committed to your success.

          Pet Friendly Housing available!

          Want to bring your pet from home? Welcome to the University's pet friendly community, located close to Perry Lane and lots of green space! Coming to Edinboro means you can live in a single room with your cat, dog or other friendly creature.

          Housing applications open on February 1, 2020 for all students. Space is limited. The sign up process is first-come, first-served.

          How to apply:

          • Log into
          • Select S.C.O.T.S.
          • Select "myHousing"
          • In the dropdown, select Pet Friendly Housing Application.

          The Office of Residence Life & Housing staff maintain Living-Learning Communities, educational programs and activities, social events and community service opportunities to give students a well-rounded experience.

          If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Residence Life & Housing at

          Please Note: We are unable to guarantee room- or suite-type requests.

          Important Dates

          January 9, 2020 New student check-in to their residence halls from 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
          January 11-12, 2020 Returning students return at their convenience.
          March 6, 2020 Residence Halls close for spring break at 8:00 p.m.; current residents need to sign up for spring break housing on their MyHousing portal. There is no charge for spring break housing for current resident students.
          March 15, 2020 Residence Halls reopen at Noon.
          April 15, 2020 Request for Contract Release deadline today at 4:30 p.m.
          May 1, 2020 Residence Halls close for spring semester at 8:00 p.m.
          May 2, 2020 Students participating in graduation check-out of their assignment by 5:00 p.m.

          Questions About Selecting Housing for New Students

          How do I get my Housing agreement?  

          After you have been accepted to Edinboro University, you will be asked to commit by paying a $100 tuition deposit and, if you’re not commuting from home, a $75 housing deposit. Housing deposits, like the tuition deposit, are paid on line. Once you’ve done this, you can proceed to the housing application by clicking the link at the bottom of the e-deposit submission page. You can apply through myEdinboro, by clicking the S.C.O.T.S. icon and then the myHousing link. You are strongly encouraged to submit your deposit and complete your housing application as early as possible so that you are afforded the best opportunity to select the specific type of housing that is best suited to you.”

          Is there a deposit?  

          Yes, a $75 deposit is to be returned promptly with the Housing Agreement.

          How do I get my preferred room or suite type?

          Completing your online housing agreement promptly will assist us in honoring your request. Please know that there are only a limited number of room types. Single rooms are generally not available to new students, as returning students and those who return materials early choose those spaces.

          How do I request a specific roommate?

          If you want a specific roommate, note the potential roommate’s name on the housing application. Both you and the desired roommate must make the request for the other for the department to honor the request. Spaces will not be held awaiting a preferred roommate.

          I have a disability and require an accessible room. What do I do?

          If you require an accessible room accommodation, please indicate that request on the Housing Agreement.

          How will I know if I have been placed in Housing?

          Once a housing assignment is made, you can view the assignment on your SCOTS account.

          I returned my agreement and deposit as soon as I got it, but didn’t get my choice of room. What happened?

          Not all requests can be honored, due to timing and availability. Students begin receiving Housing Agreements beginning in March. Assignments then are made based on preferences, whether or not roommate preferences may be made, etc.

          I saw my assignment and want to change it.

          Changes to housing assignments are made on a case-by-case basis. In general, we try to restrict movement prior to the start of the term. We want to afford students the maximum opportunity to get to know their roommate(s), discuss living arrangements, etc. Continual shuffling inhibits this ability.